Every day, TikTok creators are redefining what it means to be entertained, from the hit song of the summer, It’s Corn, to community effects like Horace. TikTok is where people create engaging content and discover new and exciting communities. There are many ways to create on TikTok, from making effects, videos, duets, and stitches to producing even longer videos or going on TikTok LIVE – and TikTok is now expanding its suite of creation tools as TikTok continues to foster authentic and spontaneous connections on TikTok with TikTok Now.
Entertain and share your moments with your friends
TikTok Now is the newest way to be entertained and connect with others on TikTok – a daily photo and video experience to share your most authentic moments with the people who matter the most. TikTok Now brings the authenticity of TikTok to a whole new creative experience that connects you with those closest to you.
Making possible deeper connection and entertainment in a fun format, TikTok Now invites you and your friends to capture what you’re doing in the moment using your device’s front and back camera. You’ll receive a daily prompt to capture a 10-second video or a static photo to easily share what you’re up to.
Malaysia users can access TikTok Now from the TikTok Now standalone app that is available on the App Store and Google Play Store.
Empowering you to stay in control of your TikTok experience
TikTok Now is designed with the safety and privacy of the TikTok community in mind. Creators are in control of deciding who can view or engage with their content. They can block others and choose which comments appear on their content. And if someone comes across behavior they believe may violate our Community Guidelines, they can report it for review.
TikTok carefully considers the safety of the TikTok community when introducing new features, and continues to take further steps to help support the safety and well-being of teens in particular:
- If someone under the age of 16 creates an account to use the TikTok Now app, just like TikTok, their account will be private by default.
- Those under the age of 18 will not be able to share their content on the Explore feed
- People aged between 13 and 15 will have commenting options limited to Friends only to help protect against unwanted interactions
Those 18 and over have additional sharing options. In addition to sharing with mutual friends, they can opt to share their posts with the broader TikTok Now community based on the privacy settings they have chosen. The default setting is ‘Friends can view.’ To change your privacy settings for TikTok Now:
- On the Post screen, tap Friends can view.
- Choose who you’d like to allow to view your TikTok Now posts. Friends can view: Anyone who follows you, and you follow back can view your TikTok Now; Everyone: Anyone in your area can view your TikTok Now posts. Keep in mind, people that don’t follow you or you don’t follow back can’t comment or interact with your TikTok Now posts.