The Huawei P60 Pro is a flagship smartphone by Huawei that were just launch. It features perhaps the most advance photography system setup the camera have o offer and hardware to boost for, sporting Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4G with up to 12GB ram and 512 storage, the Huawei P60 Pro is on par with Huawei’s professional line flagship the Huawei Mate 50 Pro.
But just like the Mate 50 Pro, the Huawei P60 Pro lacks GMS due to the 2019 US-China trades war. While Huawei been pushing their own HMS as an replacement for GMS, it ultimately create a new ecosystem of apps for user to access to. None the less, some apps are still GMS native which HMS user have no access to.
To remedy this, User can install the Lighthouse app. Lighthouse is a app that help users to login to google account and gain access to google features, where it emulate a GMS environment for GMS native apps to run on. For more information about the Lighthouse app, check out our article exploring the lighthouse app.
How to install Lighthouse App on Huawei P60 Pro
How to Install Lighthouse App on Huawei P60 Pro Here are the steps to install the Lighthouse app on your Huawei P60 Pro:
- Open the “Settings” app on your Huawei P60 Pro.
- Scroll down and tap on “Apps”.
- Tap on the “AppGallery” app.
- In the search bar at the top, type “Lighthouse” and hit enter.
- Tap on the Lighthouse app from the search results.
- Tap on “Install” to download and install the app on your phone.
- Go to Setting > App > LightHouse > Setting Button (top right corner) > Add account > Sign in to Google account
- Go to AppGallery, search any Google App and install Voila, the Google apps are signed in with your account
* While LightHouse does not install Google Play Store, we found that Aurora Store is a great alternative to it. Not only does it allow users to download apps that exist in the Play Store, but it also allows users to use a guest account without registering for a Google account.
Conclusion While the lack of GMS on Huawei devices can be inconvenient, there are alternative ways to install apps on your Huawei P60 Pro. By using Huawei’s AppGallery or downloading apps from third-party app stores, you can install GMS based app and enjoy the best of both world. By following the simple steps outlined in this guide, you can install the Lighthouse app on your Huawei P60 Pro and start exploring the the full potential of the Huawei P60 Pro.