Today, Garmin Malaysia unveils the Garmin Enduro 2 ultra performance GPS smartwatch with built-in TopoActive maps, multi continent coverage and Garmin’s exclusive SatIQ™ technology for optimising battery performance. Within, the enhanced solar harvesting now provides up to 46 days in smartwatch mode and up to 150 hours in GPS mode. Available at suggested retail price of RM 5,440, the Garmin Enduro 2 can be purchased at all Garmin stores, authorised retailers and online; Shopee, Lazada, and the AECO e-store.
“Ultra performance athletes know what commitment means, the Garmin Enduro 2 is a trusted tool that can aid and enhance the cycle of training and recovery process,” said Mr. Scoppen Lin, Assistant General Manager, Garmin Asia. “Now with built-in mapping, music and Garmin’s best-in-class battery life, its ever evolving list of performance features marks the Garmin Enduro 2 as a must-have for any endurance athlete looking to outlast the longest ultra race or take on their greatest adventure.”
Features that help you train and race better
Equipped with solar charging capabilities, the Garmin Enduro 2 boasts a battery life of up to 40% longer than its predecessor. Furthermore, the smartwatch showcases Garmin’s renowned navigation proficiency, preloaded with TopoActive, ski maps and Multi-band GNSS with SatIQ technology to secure superior positioning accuracy in all sorts of environments. Last but not least, the Garmin Enduro 2 comes with built-in Wi-Fi® connectivity which makes it convenient for users to load the software and update maps without using a computer.
The Garmin Enduro 2 offers the following new features:
- NextFork: A map guide to display the distance to the next trail intersection and the name of upcoming trails. This helps to increase the user’s awareness of their current location.
- Grade-adjusted pace: Lets runners pace themselves over varying terrain by displaying what an equivalent running pace would be on flat ground, allowing users to adjust their pace and maintain stamina throughout a race.
- Visual race predictor: Estimates pacing for upcoming runs based on user’s running history and overall fitness level. This trend data shows how training affects users over time, allowing them to focus on the next personal record.
- Automatic rest timer: Logs in breaks during ultra running races to keep track of the time spent moving or at aid stations.
- ARWS-approved adventure racing activity profile: Tracks heart rate, elevation, segment times and other metrics during the race and saves the data for post-race viewing in accordance with adventure race rules. The summary screen helps verify users’ finish time with the race committee.
Built for the extremes
The Garmin Enduro 2 includes a lightweight yet durable titanium bezel and rear case. Crafted with premium materials, the smartwatch goes beyond its enduring exterior to unveil a 1.4” Power Sapphire lens, a new touchscreen interface to complement Garmin’s traditional button controls and an Ultra fit nylon band for secure and comfortable fitting. During the day, the Garmin Enduro 2 harnesses the sun’s energy for charge and long after the sun sets, the new dimmable LED flashlight allows users to continue trailblazing into the night with Garmin’s brightest flashlight, twice as bright as the Garmin fēnix 7X’s. The LED flashlight can also be used to match a runner’s cadence in its selected strobe mode.
Know your body better
Advanced features include the Body Battery, Fitness Age and sleep monitoring with sleep scoring—plus a variety of built-in indoor and GPS sports apps such as mountain biking, swimming, hiking, running, golf, yoga and surfing. Its Health Snapshot feature will record and generate a report of key stats, including heart rate, heart rate variability, Pulse Ox, respiration and stress.
The Garmin Enduro 2 leverages these health metrics with performance features like the recovery advisor and daily suggested workouts to provide users with the tools to help them perform to their best.
While in between activities, users can receive smart notifications for calls, texts, calendar reminders, social media updates, breaking news stories and more when paired with a compatible AndroidTM or Apple® smartphone.
When paired with a smartphone, the Garmin Enduro 2 can send a message with a user’s live location to their contacts manually—or automatically during select outdoor activities—with built-in incident detection.
The Garmin Enduro 2 represents a highly functional fitness tool, purpose-built for endurance athletes everywhere. Equipped with much improved features, the smartwatch is designed to make an athlete’s training and competitive process all the more productive.
To learn more, kindly visit https://www.garmin.com.my/products/wearables/enduro-2/.